Monday 20 February 2012

Meeting 3 Lauren



After numerous logo variations, Lauren has chosen to go with the first design shown because of its simplicity, as to not distract from the collection. She likes the clean nature of these logo's as they reflect her collection well.





FINAL CHOSEN LOGO DESIGNS
















I also showed Lauren the design ideas so far for the swing tags exploring a range of formats, folding and shapes.


(ADD DESIGNS AND MOCK UPS)



Lauren would like to go ahead with the pocket swing tag design as this reflects her collection the most, after seeing some more of her work it is clear that this design is best suited. Lauren's colour palette is now finalised so I have asked her to email me the colours and textured design to use when matching stocks for the swing tags. We discussed colours and where they would be most appropriately used. I also suggested that we finish her Lauren Carande business card for next week and get a few printed so she can have them on her at all times. I mentioned using a black and white stock, white front an black back yet black is not a strong colour in her work and she would rather keep it all natural looking, a creamish stock.

Lauren to email me:
-Colour palette
-Contact Info
-Textures

Although I would have liked to have taken the Electro Static logo slightly further as I think it could have reflected the name slightly better as seen in other designs. I am pleased with Lauren's choice and understand her reasons for choosing these logo's. It's really nice to be working with a student that has a real passion for their subject, I really love Lauren's work and glad to be designing for such a brilliant clothing collection. Lauren has been a really good client to work for so far as she has a really clear idea of what she likes and has given me and Dutch a focused brief which is a great start to any project. So far it has definitely given me a lot more confidence working with a client and showing her my designs, at first I was a little worried as I haven't done much live work before but its so exciting working to a real brief!

No comments:

Post a Comment